The Belgian Membrane Group (BMG) is proud to invite the membrane community to its 15th anniversary. This will be celebrated on the 18th Membrane Symposium Poster Day on Friday, October 28th 2022 at the university of Ghent.
The Symposium is organised in collaboration with the German Society for Membrane Technology e. V. (DGMT – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Membrantechnik) and the Dutch Membrane Society (NMG – Nederlands Membranengenootschap). The objective of the Membrane Symposium is to present progress on membrane research and development at laboratory and industrial level. It provides a platform for networking for universities, institutes as well as industries. We invite Dutch, Belgian, German and other international membrane researchers, developers, technology providers, equipment & system manufacturers and end-users to share their latest results and membrane related experiences.
Call for posters
We hereby invite you to present one or more posters on the following topics:
- Membrane Formation / Modification/ Characterization
- Ultrafiltration / Microfiltration
- Pervaporation/ Gas Separation
- AqueousReverse / Forward Osmosis/ Nanofiltration
- Organic Solvent Nanofiltration
- Electrically Driven Membrane Processes
- Membrane Reactors
- Applied and Hybrid Membrane Processes
If you intend to present a poster, please fill in the poster title and name(s) of the author(s) when you register and specify the subject of your poster.
- After registering and incase of positive evaluation by the committee you will receive an email with a link to enable you to upload your poster.
- The poster should be presented on the event day in A0 size, “portrait style”. You have to bring your A0 printed poster yourself and place it on the indicated board between 09h30 and 10h30.
- The three best posters will be awarded a prize at the end of the day. Two awards will be given to scientific posters and a third award to an industrial poster. Posters uploaded before October 14th will take part in the contest for Best Poster Award. Posters uploaded after October 14th can be presented on October 28th but will not take part in the contest.
- All posters will be collected digitally and made available to all participants after the event.
Admission fee (excl. VAT):
BMG/DGMT/NMG members: 75 €
Non-members: 125 €
Students: 35 €
Registration deadline for posters that want to take part in the contest for Best Poster Award is October 14th 2022. The poster has to be uploaded at the time of registration via the button below.
Registrations after this date are possible untill October 21th 2022.
09h30 Poster displaying and Registration with coffee
10u30 Welcome & opening by P. Aerts (President BMG)
10h40 Academic lectures from:
KU Leuven – MTG Group – Prof. I. Vankelecom
‘Membrane development @MTG: from lab to pilot-scale’
KU Leuven – ProcESS Group – Prof. B. Van der Bruggen
”Membrane research @Bart Van der Bruggen group, KU Leuven’ by dr. Pengrui Jin’
KU Leuven – ProcESS Group – Prof. X. Yang
‘Membrane Research @Yang Group: from selective separation to solute harvesting’
UC Louvain – iMMC-IMAP Group – Prof. P. Luis Alconero
‘CO2 capture and revalorisation as bicarbonate crystals using membrane contractors’ by Mar Garcia Alvarez
UGent – PaInT Group – Prof. A. Verliefde
‘Membranes at Capture’ by Arnout D’Haese
VITO – Anita Buekenhoudt
‘Membranes for sustainable chemistry: 15 years of applied membrane research’
12h30 Lunch with poster session 1
14h00 Industrial lectures from:
Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions – Arnaud Nauwelaerts (Sales Director I&T Northern Europe)
‘Market Trends & key Applications’
Blue Foot Membranes – Stephan van Hoof (CEO)
‘A new approach to MBR: The Carlsberg water recycling scheme’
Pantarein – Maarten Nagels
‘Pilot-scale evaluation of hollow fiber nanofiltration for the removal of micropollutants from industrial wastewater.’
15h00 Lecture from NMG by Y. van Delft (President NMG)
‘NMG – Over 30 years Dutch Membrane technology platform and network’
15h15 Lecture from DGMT by Prof. S. Paglisch
‘DGMT – Successful networking to promote membrane technology in Germany’
15h30 Poster session 2
17h00 Poster awards and pitch of winners
Academieraadzaal, Ghent University
9000 Ghent, Belgium
The venue is easily accessible by public transport.
When arriving by train (Ghent Sint-Pieters) you can chose to:
When arriving by train (Ghent Dampoort) you can chose to:
The venue is also accessible by car.
Since 2020 the center of Ghent is a Low-Emission-Zone (LEZ). Check whether your vehicle is allowed into the city center [LEZ-check]. Parkings close to the venue are: