- 9u00 – 9u05: Welcome and introdution (Matthias Mertens – BMG/watercircle.be)
- 9u05 – 9u25: EASiCHEM (Anita Buekenhoudt – VITO) + Q&A
- Nowadays, many chemical companies are confronted with very challenging liquid separations, aiming at separating molecules with very similar physical properties. The current trend towards more bio-based and/or highly-tailored chemicals, will only increase the number of these demanding separations. These challenges would benefit from efficient affinity-based separations. The most traditional affinity-separation technology is liquid-liquid extraction, where the extracting solvent acts as the separation agent. In a running SBO project EASiCHEM, it is shown that the use of (functionalised) membranes can boost the extraction process, adding selectivity directed by solute-membrane affinity, and minimizing solvent use. Results will be shown for different industrially relevant separation cases.
- 9u25 – 9u45: Nanomexico (Ivo Vankelecom – MTG/KU Leuven) + Q&A
- Nanofiltration Membranes for EXtreme Industrial COnditions. This project aims for the development of polymer-based membranes for aqueous nanofiltration (NF) and for solvent resistant NF (SRNF). This will be tested in extreme pH values and in any kind of solvent and irrespective solute.