Design Coordinator (water & energy related projects)
– Brussel –
Beschrijving van het bedrijf
Since first going into action in 1909, the BESIX Group has over the years grown into a multidisciplinary company with a leading position in its markets: construction, property development and concessions. BESIX Contracting specializes in construction, infrastructure and marine works, often in contracts with a high level of complexity. In Benelux and France, the Group’s regional affiliates BESIX Infra, Jacques Delens, Vanhout, Wust and Lux TP ensure a strong presence and a local approach. With Franki Foundations, Socogetra, BESIX Environment and BESIX Unitec, the Group offers specialist niche solutions for the building market like deep foundations, geo-engineering, road construction, water treatment and cable and pipeline construction.
Backed by our experience in our home markets, we have built up strong positions outside Europe. A typical example is the Middle East, where over a 50 year period we have built up an impressive portfolio. This diversification in activities and geography pays off by reducing our risk exposure.
BESIX Environment is a BESIX entity in charge of process and electromechanical engineering of any water and energy related project. Projects varies from waste water treatment plant, to industrial water, potable water, pumping station, etc.. mainly in EPC.
- She/he will work close together with the project and process team under Project Manager / Operation Manager.
- She/he will work in all stages of a project: tendering, execution, start-up, guarantee period until final acceptance.
- She/he will deal with existent technologies as well as new technologies.
- She/he will coordinate all aspects of design from civil parts to electromechanical and process parts
- She/he must have leader and consensus making facilities
During Proposal, tendering, execution, start-up, commissioning or Operation & Maintenance phase of a project, she/he will be involved directly or with the assistance of teams depending on size of the project of:
- Setting-up and Coordination of all technical aspects of the projects (between civil, process and electromechanical aspects)
- Plan and follow-up of the design activities during all phases of a project
- Be able to prepare / coordinate Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Flow & Mass Balance, Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), Process risk assessment
- Propose basic lay-out and preliminary hydraulic profile.
- Coordination between civil, process and electromechanical installations
- Suggestion for main process related equipment & instrumentation: aeration system, mixing system, control instrumentation, … .
- Follow-up and coordination between suppliers/subcontractors/design team
- Minimum 5 year of experience in the field of waste water treatment plant, industrial water treatment plant or potable water treatment plant (tender and / or execution , commissioning)
- Experience in biogas is a plus.
- Have a Master degree or Bachelor degree in Biochemistry, chemistry, agricultural or environmental engineering.
- Candidate shall be able to work by himself and work in relation with other members of the team. He shall be flexible and able to undertake several tasks or projects at a time.
- Team Player, coaching people & communication skills
- Able to make short journeys abroad /Candidate shall be fluent in English, Dutch and French
A career at BESIX is a lot more than just a job, it’s about being part of our changing and innovative world. Your skills, ambition and passion will contribute to the development of our different businesses and allow us to succeed in the challenges of the coming years.
Working for the BESIX group allows you to be a part of a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial company which is now recognized as a Belgian Top Employer. It gives you a safe and collaborative working environment with ambitious and innovative goals for the world of tomorrow, but also for your career and personal development.
We are looking for different kinds of personalities, mindsets, backgrounds and genders to build the iconic and sustainable projects of tomorrow.
Are you ready to make an impact and leave a positive legacy for years to come? If you are passionate about our purpose to Excel in creating sustainable solutions for a better world, come and join our caring BESIX family. Together we will co-create our future.
Working at BESIX brings a lot of great benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including a salary in line with the market and a range of employee benefits such as flexible mobility advantages, extra-legal pension, medical care insurance, work-life balance program (such as teleworking, child care, flexible work schedule, mobile working), Health Management (sport, health check-up program, …)
- Career development programs that serve not only to ensure that you are constantly learning and improving but also that give you the possibility to expand your career horizon
- A dynamic, creative and safe working environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors (ideas, projects, goals, ambitions)
- Possibility to work on complex projects within both a local and international environment,
- The choice to remain locally anchored for the coming years or to seek an exciting international career opportunity within the group