We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and hands-on engineer to join our team and our
mission to bring innovative and added-value processes to water treatment and beyond. Our
company will grow in the coming years and you could grow with us.
Who are we?
HYDROHM is a cleantech start-up that has the ambition to become the reference in
electrochemical water treatment technologies. We develop and commercialize technologies
for on-site treatment, that are driven by electricity and avoid dosing of chemical additives. Our
current portfolio covers applications in the water sector and in processing of industrial side
streams. We are a spin-off company of Ghent University and the MELiSSA program of the
European Space Agency. Our team currently consists of 5 staff.
You will be responsible for a technology development project, where you will work closely with
our R&D head and our design engineer for rapid prototyping, adaptation, and optimization. You
will work on the integration and optimization of processes including electrochemical systems,
crystallization, filtration, and disinfection to maximize efficiency, performance, and costeffectiveness. Your tasks include:
– Design and calculate technology configurations, and benchmark with state-of-the-art
– Validate at lab scale through to pilot scale and evaluate the performance under various
– Analyse test results and data to identify opportunities for improvement and make
recommendations for modifications to systems and processes.
– Collaborate with stakeholders, including customers and suppliers, to identify
requirements and develop solutions that meet their needs.
– Stay up to date with industry trends, regulations, and guidelines related to water
– Prepare technical reports, presentations, and other documentation to communicate
results, progress, and recommendations to stakeholders.
Who are we looking for?
– You have a relevant engineering degree (chemical/civil/industrial/environmental) and
affinity for the water sector. Professional experience in water treatment, technology
development or pilot and full-scale testing is a plus.
– Above all you are a problem solver that always thinks ahead and likes to bring solutions
– You have strong organisation and prioritisation skills; you can multi-task efficiently.
– You value open communication and are a team player.
– You are fluent in English.
– You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present
technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
– You have a driver’s license.
The points above form a solid basis, but you make the difference with your drive and ambition.
A permanent, full-time position in the dynamic environment of a young start-up. You work on
challenging and varying projects, and will grow with the company. You work in a team with an
open culture, that values your opinion. The position is based in Nazareth (9810, Belgium). We
value a diverse team and can assist international applicants with obtaining a position in
Send us your resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org